La svolta di Home Depot

nemo17

Enjoy the Silence
Punti reazioni
The Home Depot Announces Agreement to Sell HD Supply to Private Equity Group for $10.3 Billion and $22.5 Billion Increase in Share Repurchase Authorization

ATLANTA, June 19, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- The Home Depot(R), the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced that its board of directors has approved strategic measures to enhance shareholder value. These measures include entering into an agreement to sell HD Supply and the execution of a recapitalization plan.

Sale of HD Supply
In February 2007, The Home Depot began a strategic review of HD Supply, the Company's wholesale distribution division, in an effort to increase the Company's focus on its core retail business. After a thorough review of alternatives, the board unanimously approved the sale of HD Supply to private equity firms Bain Capital Partners, The Carlyle Group and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice for $10.3 billion. Subject to certain regulatory requirements and contingencies, the sale of HD Supply is expected to close in the third fiscal quarter of 2007. The transaction is not conditioned upon financing.
"HD Supply is a leader in its industry. We are proud of the business we built and know that it will continue to grow and flourish under new ownership," said Frank Blake, chairman and CEO. "I'd like to thank Joe DeAngelo and the entire HD Supply leadership team for their contributions to The Home Depot."
"Today's decision reflects our continued commitment to enhancing shareholder value, through an exclusive focus on our retail business and the return of cash to our shareholders. This year alone we will spend over $2 billion in support of our top five retail priorities. We are confident in the ability to improve productivity in our retail business through investment in these priorities, which will further enhance returns on invested capital as the investments take hold," said Blake, chairman and CEO.
"Through the hard work and dedication of HD Supply's 26,000 associates, we have built a business that sets the standard in the industry," said Joe DeAngelo, COO and executive vice president. "We've got a bright future ahead and we're confident we'll continue to prosper."
Recapitalization Plan
The board of directors also authorized a $22.5 billion increase in its share repurchase program. It is the Company's intent to repurchase up to $22.5 billion in shares as soon as practicable. The Company will fund the $22.5 billion share repurchase with the net proceeds from the sale of HD Supply, existing cash on hand and the net proceeds from an anticipated $12 billion issuance of senior unsecured notes. The $22.5 billion share repurchase may be in the form of a tender offer, open market repurchases or accelerated share repurchases, the details of which will be announced at a later date.
"Our planned recapitalization is transformational for our company. While we continue to invest heavily in the five priorities focused on our core retail business, this recapitalization plan allows us to return significant capital to our shareholders, improve the efficiency of our balance sheet by lowering our cost of capital, while at the same time retaining strong financial and operational flexibility," said Carol Tome, CFO and executive vice president - Corporate Services.
Capital Allocation Philosophy
Combined with today's announcements, the Company reiterated its capital allocation principles:
-- Dividend Principle: Deliver a predictable increase each year,
targeting payout at approximately 30%
-- Share Repurchase Principle: After meeting the needs of the business,
use excess liquidity to repurchase shares, with value creation as the
priority
-- Return on Invested Capital Principle: Maintain a high return on
invested capital, benchmarking all uses of excess liquidity against
value created for shareholders through share repurchases

Targeted Capital Structure
The Company announced that its targeted capital structure will be to maintain an average total adjusted debt/EBITDAR ratio of 2.5x. Total adjusted debt includes debt on the balance sheet plus 8x operating rents and EBITDAR is defined as earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and rent expense.
"By targeting debt levels relative to the underlying cash flow generation of the business (EBITDAR), our ongoing financing plans will support our retail business. We are confident in our ability to sustain strong cash flow generation and the financial flexibility necessary to continue executing our business strategy as well as returning cash to shareholders through dividends and repurchases," said Tome.
Lehman Brothers served as the Company's exclusive financial advisor for the strategic review of HD Supply and the recapitalization plan. Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz served as the Company's legal advisor.
2007 Guidance
At the end of the first quarter of 2007, the Company said that it expected consolidated sales including HD Supply to increase by 1-2% in fiscal 2007 and earnings per share, on a 52 week basis, to decline by 9%. To reflect the impact of the HD Supply discontinued operation, the Company plans to update its fiscal 2007 sales and earnings per share growth guidance in July 2007.
The Company will hold a conference call on Wednesday, June 20, at 11:30 a.m. ET to discuss this announcement. The conference call will be available in its entirety through a webcast and replay at homedepot.com in the Investor Relations section.
The Home Depot(R) is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,184 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, 10 Canadian provinces, Mexico and China. In fiscal 2006, The Home Depot had sales of $90.8 billion and earnings of $5.8 billion. The Company employs approximately 364,000 associates.

Che ne pensate ?
In pratica capitalizza 80 miliardi e ne ricompra 20... accrescendo l'utile netto di quasi il 30 %.
Inoltre vende la parte delle forniture edili e si concentra sul retail.

22.5 di repurchase sono davvero tanti, però secondo me i guai del settore immobiliare resteranno ancora a lungo, quindi mi concentro su altri settori...

Seven Of Nine ha scritto:
22.5 di repurchase sono davvero tanti, però secondo me i guai del settore immobiliare resteranno ancora a lungo, quindi mi concentro su altri settori...

non potrebbe essere invece conveniente investire nelle società con un certo vantaggio competitivo del settore immobliliare visto che il settore ha comunque riscontrato un certo ribasso e quindi le società potrebbero essere a sconto?

nemo17 ha scritto:
The Home Depot Announces Agreement to Sell HD Supply to Private Equity Group for $10.3 Billion and $22.5 Billion Increase in Share Repurchase Authorization

Che ne pensate ?
In pratica capitalizza 80 miliardi e ne ricompra 20... accrescendo l'utile netto di quasi il 30 %.
Inoltre vende la parte delle forniture edili e si concentra sul retail.

ciao,
Il riacquisto di titoli propri non è sempre e comunque da vedere positivamente...
lo è soltanto se il titolo quota a sconto al valore intrinseco..., altrimenti e solo una mossa del management per ricomprare titoli per sostenere il titolo oppure per usare i titoli da destinare a "option programs" per il management, inoltre sarebbe da verificare se veramente il management non ha alternative produttive per questi capitali oppure se non ha le capacità per vedere o costruire alternative per l'impiego di questi soldi...

non dico che questo valga per HD...ma sono motivazioni di cui tenere conto...
gioia23

gioia23 ha scritto:
ciao,
Il riacquisto di titoli propri non è sempre e comunque da vedere positivamente...
lo è soltanto se il titolo quota a sconto al valore intrinseco..., altrimenti e solo una mossa del management per ricomprare titoli per sostenere il titolo oppure per usare i titoli da destinare a "option programs" per il management, inoltre sarebbe da verificare se veramente il management non ha alternative produttive per questi capitali oppure se non ha le capacità per vedere o costruire alternative per l'impiego di questi soldi...

non dico che questo valga per HD...ma sono motivazioni di cui tenere conto...
gioia23

HD è una società che genera molta cassa ed è poco indebitata..inoltre con la cessione della divisione edilizia entrerà parecchio altro cash quindi un buy back secondo me ci può stare ..ma di quell'entità non saprei.
Forse vogliono riconquistare un po' gli azionisti dopo lo scandalo dell'ex ceo che hanno ricoperto d'oro.
E' anche vero che i risultati in generali dell'azienda sono previsti in flessione...non so...il mercato ieri l'ha presa bene...con un rialzo di quasi il 5%.
A me non dispiace.

rinoleo ha scritto:
non potrebbe essere invece conveniente investire nelle società con un certo vantaggio competitivo del settore immobliliare visto che il settore ha comunque riscontrato un certo ribasso e quindi le società potrebbero essere a sconto?

Il problema è che questa crisi del settore immobiliare americano è grossa e ancora non è prevedibile sapere quando finirà. L'anno scorso di questi tempi si diceva che si sarebbe toccato il fondo per inizio 2007, ora siamo a metà 2007 e il fondo ancora non c'è... il pericolo è quello di entrare troppo presto vedendo i propri investimenti fermi per mesi, e se il tuo guadagno è poco in borsa, tanto vale prendere i Bot annullando il rischio e prendendo lo stesso "profitto"...

Home Depot: per Goldman Sachs è l'ora di acquistare il titolo

Finanzaonline.com - 9.7.07/13:58

Buone notizie per gli azionisti Home Depot. Goldman Sachs ha alzato la propria raccomandazione sul distributore di articoli per la casa portandolo a "buy" dal precedente "neutral". La decisione riflette i cambi effettuati ai vertici della società e il miglioramento registrato dal business mix e dalla struttura del capitale. Secondo il broker, inoltre, il titolo potrebbe beneficiare del possibile mutamento di fondo relativo all'andamento del mercato immobiliare.

Home Depot: ricavi e utili in crescita nel terzo trimestre, migliorato l'outlook 2013

19/11/2013 12:27

Home Depot, catena americana di prodotti per la casa, ha chiuso il terzo trimestre con un utile di 1,4 miliardi di dollari (0,95 dollari per azione), in crescita del 48% rispetto allo stesso periodo di un anno prima. I ricavi sono aumentati del 7,4% a 19,5 miliardi. Gli analisti si attendevano un Eps di 0,90 dollari su ricavi per 19,5 miliardi. La società ha alzato le stime per l'intero esercizio 2013 e ora prevede un giro d'affari in crescita del 5,6% e un incremento dell'utile per azione del 24% a 3,72 dollari. (RV) Autore: Financial Trend Analysis Fonte: News Trend Online

Notizie, Analisi, Borsa, Mercati - Home Depot: ricavi e utili in crescita nel terzo trimestre, migliorato l'outlook 2013749193

Allegati

• HD.gif
    HD.gif
    18,4 KB · Visite: 100
Ultima modifica:
Se in passato mi fossi ascoltato di più...

Allegati

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63,4 KB · Visite: 97
Indietro