Per non dimenticare

• Ecco la 60° Edizione del settimanale "Le opportunità di Borsa" dedicato ai consulenti finanziari ed esperti di borsa.

Questa settimana abbiamo assistito a nuovi record assoluti in Europa e a Wall Street. Il tutto, dopo una ottava che ha visto il susseguirsi di riunioni di banche centrali. Lunedì la Bank of Japan (BoJ) ha alzato i tassi per la prima volta dal 2007, mettendo fine all’era del costo del denaro negativo e al controllo della curva dei rendimenti. Mercoledì la Federal Reserve (Fed) ha confermato i tassi nel range 5,25%-5,50%, mentre i “dots”, le proiezioni dei funzionari sul costo del denaro, indicano sempre tre tagli nel corso del 2024. Il Fomc ha anche discusso in merito ad un possibile rallentamento del ritmo di riduzione del portafoglio titoli. Ieri la Bank of England (BoE) ha lasciato i tassi di interesse invariati al 5,25%. Per continuare a leggere visita il link

Vincent Vеga;54040226 ha scritto:

sta migliorando con l'inglese, sono perfino riuscito a capire: "the book is on the table":o ancora qualche mese è potrà ordinarsi da solo anche un bel biccherone d'acqua:D

Stasera l'ennesima perla della Gismondi, che insiste a dire che è poco più di una influenza, non mi va nemmeno di ripubblicarla tanto credo sia candidata al primo premio a prescindere...

brutto momento per giocare al gioco del pollo

Vedi l'allegato 2670216
Introductory statement to the press conference (with Q&A)

First, is this your do-whatever-it-takes moment, and did you expect to have one so quickly?

The second point is, by not cutting rates today it makes the ECB look a little out-of-step with the Fed and the Bank of England. Does that raise concerns about currency - subconscious or unintended - devaluations, competitive devaluations? Because the euro rallied a tiny bit after today's decision.

President Lagarde: We do not determine our monetary policy stance on the basis of currency variations. We are attentive to it, but this is not a determining factor, and the euro depreciates, appreciates, re-depreciates. I think the key issue is currently to face the fundamentals of the economy and to make sure that the liquidity risk doesn't materialise, that the credit continues to flow to the economy, and that we address the market excess sensitivities in order to restore some stability. That's what we are concerned about.

I remember saying when my predecessor and friend, President Draghi, left, and when I had interviews before the European Parliament, that I would hope that I would never have to do whatever it takes. What is good about our today's deliberations is that there was rallying support around the table to use all the tools available and to consider adjusting our instruments going forward in order to target those risks that we see as threats to stability in the euro area. I don't have a claim to history for being whatever-it-takes number two. I really would like all of us to join forces, and I very much hope that the fiscal authorities will appreciate that we will only deal with the shock if we come together.

The market reaction to today's announcement seems to be pretty negative, and some have suggested the package compares poorly with the BoE. What would you say to them?

Secondly, you said today's decision was unanimous, but was a case made for a more expansionary package?

President Lagarde: As I've said, the decision was unanimous and that unanimity I think carries a long way in demonstrating our resolve to deal with the issues.

Now, as to markets, first of all, it takes a little bit of time, generally, for decisions to be analysed, digested and appreciated. The fact that we are dealing with this full allotment liquidity facility at reduced rate compared with the current situation, the fact that we are putting in place a massive targeted long-term refinancing system that is available to all with a particular focus on SMEs, and with multipliers that are significant. If you look at the volume of lending that can be accessed, we're talking about 50% relative to the previous loan book, if you will; we're talking about an entry rate of -25 basis points, and we're talking about an ultimate interest rate based on the track record of the lending institution of -75 basis points. I'm not sure that you can actually so much rival with that at the moment, and by the way, comparisons are odious.

I have one question concerning bank lending. The ECB can provide cheap money, but the most important problem at the moment might be that banks are more reluctant to pass on credit because of the risks. Is it necessary to have some form of national or maybe European guarantee schemes to ensure that?

You've mentioned that there will probably be a lot of debt issuance in the future. At the moment certain countries are hit especially hard, like Italy. What can the ECB do if the spread for government bonds increase? Would it be an option to activate, for example, the OMT programme, or could there be other possibilities to help certain countries?

President Lagarde: On the guarantee scheme, I think I was very explicit in the introductory statement on that, but I'm happy to restate it. We are making available to all enterprises, with a focus on SMEs, massive refinancing means at very preferential rates, and in significant amounts. To encourage banks to actually use that facility we believe, and we have put in the introductory statement, that guarantee schemes would very much be in order. So in other words, it's a guarantee that is put together by the state, or an agency of the state, or a European agency in order to support all a part of the risk that is actually taken by the bank in extending lending facility to an enterprise, notably, in a sector which is particularly exposed. I mean, that is how we believe that the financing we're putting in place will be most efficient. Now, whether that is conducted at the national level or at the European level is for the policymakers to decide. What matters to us is that it is in place as rapidly as is possible. Some countries have already taken steps or are exploring steps in that direction. I would certainly, for the efforts that we are undertaking, I would certainly hope that they do that promptly in order to make sure that credit continues to flow to the economy, particularly the SMEs that are vulnerable in the present circumstances. So that was my point number one.

My point number two has to do with more debt issuance coming down the road depending on the fiscal expansion that will be determined by policymakers. Well, we will be there, as I said earlier on, using full flexibility, but we are not here to close spreads[1]. This is not the function or the mission of the ECB. There are other tools for that, and there are other actors to actually deal with those issues.

EDIT:
The ECB even took the unprecedented step of editing the official transcript of the press conference to amend it with her comments to CNBC.

[1][Statement in CNBC interview after press conference:] I am fully committed to avoid any fragmentation in a difficult moment for the euro area. High spreads due to the coronavirus impair the transmission of monetary policy. We will use the flexibility embedded in the asset purchase programme, including within the public sector purchase programme. The package approved today can be used flexibly to avoid dislocations in bond markets, and we are ready to use the necessary determination and strength.

Ultima modifica:
mentre tutte le banche centrali del mondo tagliano i tassi e stampano come se piovesse, la nostra deve rettificare il tiro dopo qualche ora dalla conferenza stampa disastro

ECB'''s Lagarde walks back comments which caused Italian bond yields to spike

European Central Bank (ECB) President Christine Lagarde told CNBC Thursday that her institution was “fully committed to avoid any fragmentation” in bond markets, walking back comments made earlier during a press conference in Frankfurt.

Bce: pronti a misure contro spread alti

Ultimora - Notize dal Televideo/RAIMarch 13, 2020 11.29

"Siamo pronti a fare di più e ad adottare tutti i nostri strumenti, se necessario, per assicurare che gli alti spread che vediamo oggi, per l'accelerazione del coronavirus, non mettano in pericolo la trasmissione della nostra politica monetaria nei Paesi Eurozona".
Così il capo economista Bce Lane in un blog sul sito della Banca europea.
All'indomani delle dichiarazioni della presidente Lagarde, Lane scrive anche: una "risposta ambiziosa e coordinata" dovrebbe "includere sostegno ai lavoratori in temporaneo declino retributivo"

​Fonte: Televideo RAI

"Cari italiani, in questo momento difficile, voglio dirvi che non siete soli. Il vostro sforzo e il vostro esempio sono preziosi per tutti i cittadini europei. In Europa stiamo seguendo con preoccupazione ma anche con profondo rispetto e ammirazione quello che state facendo. L'Italia è parte dell'Europa e l'Europa soffre con l'Italia. In questo momento in Europa siamo tutti italiani". Lo ha detto la presidente della Commissione Ue Ursula von der Leyen in un videomessaggio in italiano ribadendo che la Commissione europea ´farà tutto ciò che le sarà possibile' per sostenere l'Italia. Von der Leyen ha aggiunto che la Commissione `farà pieno uso della flessibilità´ nel quadro del patto di stabilità in relazione al bilancio pubblico italiano e garantirà che gli aiuti di Stato alle imprese colpite dalla crisi arrivino `velocemente´ a chi ne ha bisogno. Per il sostegno al settore sanitario, la Commissione sta lavorando con l'industria perché siano garantiti gli strumenti necessari agli ospedali (mascherine e respiratori). È un lavoro che deve essere fatto `urgentemente´. Contatti sono in corso anche con l'industria farmaceutica.

non mi va nemmeno di ripubblicarla tanto credo sia candidata al primo premio a prescindere...

No no, una simile faccia di bronzo
va immortalata. A futura memoria.

3T6KqJt.png

Roma, 5 mar. (Adnkronos) – "Questi sono sacrifici che dobbiamo fare per evitare che tracimi un fiume che va tenuto dentro il suo alveo". Lo ha affermato il vicesegretario del Pd, Andrea Orlando, ospite di Sky Tg 24 a proposito dell'emergenza coronovirus.

"La principale sfida che abbiamo di fronte -aggiunge- è gestire questa emergenza senza rinunciare alla libertà. Questo rimette alla capacità di autocontenersi, a ognuno deve essere rivolto un appello molto chiaro: noi non ti minacciamo con la forza, ti chiediamo, nell'interesse tuo e della comunità in cui vivi, di avere comportamenti che limitano i rischi".

Coronavirus: Orlando, 'sacrifici per evitare che fiume tracimi senza rinuncia liberta'

complimenti a chi ha aperto questo 3d.

certo è che più recenti e più autorevoli (dal punto di vista scientifico) sono state le dichiarazioni rassicuranti e minimizzatrici maggiore è la responsabilità etica, morale e potenzialmente penale

ps: e qui non si tratta dellla burla di un innocuo sequestro di persona, ma di strage. :'(

Salvare questo 3d e riproporlo a tutti quando i bilanci della pandemia saranno definitivi.
Niente politica, solo storia di quanto accaduto.

21 FEBBRAIO 2020
Coronavirus, Matteo Salvini vuole denunciare il governatore Rossi: “Mette a rischio i toscani�

Matteo Salvini annuncia un esposto contro il governatore della Toscana Enrico Rossi, accusandolo di non aver ordinato tutte le precauzioni necessarie per i 2500 cinesi rientrati dalla Cina: “Mette a rischio la salute dei cittadini toscani, e accusa chi lo critica, scienziati e medici compresi, di essere un ‘fascioleghista’�

continua su: Coronavirus, Matteo Salvini vuole denunciare il governatore Rossi: Mette a rischio i toscani
Fanpage

23 Febbraio 2020
Coronavirus, Lega: “Se necessario sospendere Schengen�

22/02/2020
Salvini torna all'attacco: "Blindare, chiudere e proteggere"
Il leader della Lega (di nuovo) contro il premier Conte: "Ora l'avranno capito? È necessario chiudere, blindare, bloccare e proteggere". E Tajani: "Bisogna controllare chi entra in Europa"

Aggiungiamo gli sbarchi che stanno ricominciando, costringendo i medici a prestare soccorso a chi non ha alcun bisogno di soccorso.

Salvini e i leghisti si sono distinti per incoerenza e sciacallaggio,cmq tutti hanno inseguito gli eventi...in ogni caso per me L unico problema serio è una sanità inadeguata incapace di gestire emergenze essendo già nello standard al collasso

Indietro