Antonio Calderara

Buonasera a Tutti,

Sono entrato in possesso di un'opera di Angelo Arosio, che cerchero' di allegare, del quale non ho trovato alcuna informazione, se non una presenza tra le opere esposte presso la Fondazione Calderara.

L'opera esposta e' molto simile alla mia, quindi non dovrebbe trattarsi di un omonimo.
Qualcuno lo conosce?

Grazie mille per un'eventuale risposta.

Allegati

• 9DC7CC3E-D668-4486-84BE-4B886438E270.jpg
    9DC7CC3E-D668-4486-84BE-4B886438E270.jpg
    153,2 KB · Visite: 13
  • 1B56DF1F-5C6C-4692-BEE1-13BF3F7A9884.jpg
    1B56DF1F-5C6C-4692-BEE1-13BF3F7A9884.jpg
    102,7 KB · Visite: 17
Questa mi piace!

Il mare - Lot 93

Antonio Calderara

Il mare
1959/1960

Oil on wood. 22 x 27 cm. Framed under glass. Signed, dated and titled 'Antonio Calderara "Il mare" 1959-1960' verso on wood with dimensions, number '15.1959' and artist's address.

For the first three decades of his artistic career, Antonio Calderara worked purely figuratively and experimented with different styles. The painting of Josef Albers and Piet Mondrian offered him the decisive stimulus to finally break away from figurative art. In around 1958, Calderara found his way to an acutely delicately coloured method of representing highly abstracted landscapes. In doing so, he consciously renounces any curved lines; they are “visual memories of landscape in a lineal order” that are built purely from right-angled forms and lines. Alongside constructivist art, he was delighted with the light painting of Piero della Francesca. Following his model, he layered wafer-thin layers of colour in the lightest of nuances on top of each other. “Not that I have sought to depict light in my pictures poetically. The theme of my painting, my aspiration to poetry, lies in light itself. I do not believe that my need for poetry separates me from the constructivist tradition. More than a constructivist and concrete artist has created weighty works of high poetry. Certainly, mine is different from such poetry. One must bear in mind that I am a Mediterranean person, who has his roots in the Italian Renaissance and – firstly from feeling, then of conscious choice – has made Piero della Francesca his ideal role model. The problem of light, how I like to have understood it, is the light of pure Italian tradition”, wrote Calderara himself about the significance of light (quoted from: Antonio Calderara, exhib.cat. Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen and Kunstmuseum Düsseldorf/Wilhelm-Hack-Museum Ludwigshafen, 1981/82, p.71/72). His sensitive, light-flooded compositions allow only a hint of the underlying motivic aspects – in the case of the delicate painting offered here, ‘Il mare’, a wide expanse of water, the beach in the foreground and individual shapes on the horizon, possibly derived from buildings of ships. Without sharp contours, they hazily emerge as soft hues from the white and blend into an expression of meditative stillness.

Provenance
Private collection, Baden-Württemberg

Exhibitions
Hamburg 2018 (Ernst-Barlach-Haus), Antonio Calderara, Lichträume, Malerei aus fünfzig Jahren, exhib.cat.no.24, p.32 with col. illus.
Winterthur 2017 (Kunstmuseum), Antonio Calderara, 1903-1978, exhib.cat.no.33, p.62 with col. illus. (label verso)
Lugano 2016/2017 (Museo d'arte della Svizzera italiana), Antonio Calderara, Una luce senza ombre
Graz 1991 (Neue Galerie am Landesmuseum Joanneum), Antonio Calderara (label verso)
Schwäbisch Hall 1988 (Städtische Galerie am Markt), Antonio Calderara (label verso)
Kiel 1982 (Kunsthalle), Der Maler Antonio Calderara, Freunde, Einflüsse, Anregungen, exhib.cat.no.20, p.36/37 with col. illus. (label verso)
Klagenfurt (Kärntner Landesgalerie), Antonio Calderara (label verso)

Allegati

• 1200-93-Antonio-Calderara-Il-mare.jpg
    1200-93-Antonio-Calderara-Il-mare.jpg
    38,9 KB · Visite: 12
Indietro