IAMGOLD Corp. (IAG)

simulpaolo

Gold is money
Punti reazioni
IAMGOLD Corporation engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral resource properties worldwide. The company has interests in Doyon and Mouska gold mines, and the Sleeping Giant gold mine located in the Province of Quebec, Canada; the Rosebel gold mine in Suriname; and the Sadiola gold mine in the Republic of Mali, west Africa. It also holds interests in the Yatela gold mine in the Republic of Mali, west Africa; the Tarkwa gold mine in Ghana; the Damang gold mine in Ghana; the Mupane gold mine in Botswana; the Camp Caiman project in French Guiana; the Quimsacocha project in Ecuador; the La Arena project in Peru; the Buckreef exploration project in Tanzania; and the Diavik diamond property in the Northwest Territories, Canada. The company was founded in 1990. It was formerly known as IAMGold International African Mining Gold Corporation and changed its name to IAMGOLD Corporation in 1997. The company is based in Toronto, Canada.

Market Cap (intraday)5: 1.80B
Enterprise Value (13-May-08)3: 1.69B
Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday): N/A
Forward P/E (fye 31-Dec-09) 1: 10.67
PEG Ratio (5 yr expected): 0.73
Price/Sales (ttm): 2.65
Price/Book (mrq): 1.02
Enterprise Value/Revenue (ttm)3: 2.50
Enterprise Value/EBITDA (ttm)3: 8.568

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS

Fiscal Year
Fiscal Year Ends: 31-Dec
Most Recent Quarter (mrq): 31-Dec-07

Profitability
Profit Margin (ttm): -6.20%
Operating Margin (ttm): -4.06%

Management Effectiveness
Return on Assets (ttm): -0.77%
Return on Equity (ttm): -2.39%

Income Statement
Revenue (ttm): 678.13M
Revenue Per Share (ttm): 2.312
Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy): N/A
Gross Profit (ttm): 108.82M
EBITDA (ttm): 197.69M
Net Income Avl to Common (ttm): -42.06M
Diluted EPS (ttm): -0.14
Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy): N/A

Balance Sheet
Total Cash (mrq): 113.26M
Total Cash Per Share (mrq): 0.383
Total Debt (mrq): 10.23M
Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 0.006
Current Ratio (mrq): 1.878
Book Value Per Share (mrq): 5.962

Cash Flow Statement
Operating Cash Flow (ttm): 145.58M
Levered Free Cash Flow (ttm): 46.77M

IAMGOLD Reports Record Net Earnings and Operating Cash Flow in the First Quarter 2008
Tuesday May 13, 8:30 am ET

Net earnings and operating cash flow increase 205% and 337%, respectively.

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(MARKET WIRE)--May 13, 2008 -- IAMGOLD Corporation (Toronto:IMG.TO - News)(NYSE:IAG - News)(BOTSWANA: IAMGOLD) -
For a full explanation of results, the unaudited interim Consolidated Financial Statements, Management Discussion & Analysis, and mine statistics, please see the Company's website, www.iamgold.com

"We are very pleased with the record revenue, net earnings and cash flow reported during the quarter. These results clearly demonstrate that IAMGOLD provides superior earnings and cash flow leverage to gold. We continued to bolster our financial position through cost improvements, divestitures of non-core assets and obtaining a debt facility. This financial strength means we have almost $0.5 billion in cash available to expand our production and resource base beyond our existing portfolio and is a step towards achieving our long term growth objective of doubling production within five years," stated Joseph Conway, President & CEO.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Net earnings increased by 205% to $34.4 million or $0.12 per share in the first quarter of 2008 compared to $11.3 million or $0.04 per share in the prior year period.

- Record operating cash flow of $72.7 million in the first quarter of 2008, an increase of 337% compared to $16.7 million in the prior year period. Operating cash flow at Niobec increased by 48% to $13.6 million in the first quarter of 2008, compared to $9.2 million in the prior year period.

- Gold production in the first quarter of 2008 was 234,000 ounces at an average cash cost (2) of $476 per ounce compared to 219,000 ounces at an average cash cost of $416 per ounce in the prior year period.

- Mining costs increased by $12.5 million compared to the prior year period. Increased royalty costs due to a higher gold price and the weaker US Dollar accounted for most of the increased costs, while the impact of rising fuel prices was mitigated by operating efficiencies.

- Exploration and development spending of $16.7 million during the first quarter of 2008.

- Strong cash and gold bullion position of $282.9 million (valuing gold bullion at market), provide the Company with significant financial flexibility for achieving its long term growth objectives of doubling production within the next five years.

iag

Credo si aun titolo davvero sacrificato, i numeri tuttosommato non sono male. Recentemente mi sembra abbia venduto i suoi interessi in una miniera peruviana per 48 mil di $.

In l'altro ieri a 6,05 dopo aver liquidato egy con ottimo profitto.

Non trasuratelo amici, iag è una delle gold stock piu sottovalutate. Basso p/e , 0 debiti , e forse l'unica gold stock ancora a valore di libro.
Inoltre ha anche una discreta capitalizzazione .

Non trasuratelo amici, iag è una delle gold stock piu sottovalutate. Basso p/e , 0 debiti , e forse l'unica gold stock ancora a valore di libro.
Inoltre ha anche una discreta capitalizzazione .
Ciao Simulpaolo:)
Stavo seguendo il tuo consiglio ed ho dato un'occhiata alla situazione fianziaria. A mio modo di vedere, non è tutto oro quello che luccica:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=iag&annual

Dammi il tuo parere;)

Hanno avuto qualche difficoltà lo scorso anno per via credo dell'hedging ma ora mi sembrano siano fuori, il primo trimestre 2008 è stato buono e si prevee che i risultati migliorino progressivamente.
Qualche problema sulle miniere in ecquador per via della tassazione ma non so se la societa' intende restarvi a queste condzioni.Ad ogni modo non sono assetts rilevanti.

Hanno avuto qualche difficoltà lo scorso anno per via credo dell'hedging ma ora mi sembrano siano fuori, il primo trimestre 2008 è stato buono e si prevee che i risultati migliorino progressivamente.
Qualche problema sulle miniere in ecquador per via della tassazione ma non so se la societa' intende restarvi a queste condzioni.Ad ogni modo non sono assetts rilevanti.

Ho visto infatti che il 1° trimestre è andato bene. Quello che non mi garba è il risultato del 2007. Poi, se non sbaglio, non mi pare che l'indebitamento sia 0 (zero). Se mi sbaglio, correggimi.:)

uhm :mmmm:

Allegati

• iag.gif
    iag.gif
    15,6 KB · Visite: 346
Il gold è ben posizionato per un upside esplosivo. Difficile dire quando questo accadra ma di certo ci sono tutte le condizioni perche' questo possa accadere.
Concluso l'effetto sul dollaro della propaganda e del bluff di bernake riemergono con sempre maggior forza le magagne del sistema bancario usa ormai sull'orlo della bancarotta trascinando con se l'intera economia reale.
Un altro argomento che non viene mai cosiderato è l'effetto iperinflattivo della politica monetaria superaccomodante e ormai sistemica della banca centrale giapponese che da 30 anni tiene i tassi vicini allo 0.

d'accordissimo infatti sto screenando anche io qualche titolo del settore

credo che almeno un affondo sopra i 7 oggi dovrebbe farlo ha una grande forza relativa rispetto al comparto

Oggi recupera anche NXG ;)

AMGOLD Reports Strong Second Quarter Net Earnings and Operating Cash Flow; and Increases Gold Production Outlook
Friday August 8, 8:00 am ET

Net earnings and operating cash flow increased 169%(1) and 219%, respectively

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(MARKET WIRE)--Aug 8, 2008 -- IAMGOLD Corporation (Toronto:IMG.TO - News)(NYSE:IAG - News)(BOTSWANA: IAMGOLD) -

For a full explanation of results, the unaudited interim Consolidated Financial Statements, Management Discussion & Analysis, and mine statistics, please see the Company's website, www.iamgold.com

ADVERTISEMENT
"We continue to deliver growth in revenues, net earnings and cash flow as reported during the current quarter. Our cash costs and increased production guidance demonstrate our focus on cost improvement and production initiatives," stated Joseph Conway, President & CEO.

All amounts are expressed in US dollars, unless otherwise indicated.

HIGHLIGHTS

- Net earnings increased by 169%(1) to $33.3 million or $0.11 per share in the second quarter of 2008 compared to adjusted net earnings of $12.4 million or $0.04 per share in the second quarter of 2007.(2)

- Significant increase in the operating cash flow to $44.9 million in the second quarter of 2008, compared to $14.1 million in the second quarter of 2007.

- Gold production in the second quarter of 2008 was 255,000 ounces at an average cash cost(2) of $472 per ounce.

- Production outlook for 2008 increased to 950,000 ounces of gold and at a revised cash cost of $485-$495 per ounce.

- Exploration and development expenditures were $17.4 million during the second quarter of 2008.

- Cash and gold bullion position of $295.7 million (valuing gold bullion at market) continues to be strong.

- Continued growth in operating performance and contribution of the Niobec mine.

(1) Increase was calculated by comparing the current quarter net earnings to adjusted net earnings for the second quarter of 2007 which exclude the $93.7 million impairment charge related to the Mupane mine.

(2) Adjusted net earnings, and Cash cost are non-GAAP measures. Please refer to the Supplemental information attached to the MD&A for reconciliation to GAAP.

ACHIEVEMENTS

- The Company continued to focus its efforts on significantly accelerating the Westwood Project. As a result, "Warrenmac", a near surface zone within the Westwood resource, could be producing as early as the second half of 2010. In July 2008, the Company announced a 5% increase in contained gold ounces in the Westwood inferred resource.

- The Mupane gold mine transitioned to owner-mining in July 2008, which is expected to lower cash costs by at least $40 per ounce compared to the previous life-of-mine plan. As a result, the reserves at Mupane were increased by 64,000 ounces and the life of the operation was extended by four to six months to mid 2012.

- The Yatela mine engaged a new mining contractor to begin operations during the third quarter of 2008, which is expected to lower cash costs by approximately $40 per ounce compared to current operating costs.

- The Company continues to increase the value of the Niobec mine (a non-gold asset), with the expected completion of an $8.0 million paste backfill plant by mid 2010. This project could double existing niobium reserves and reduce future development and operating costs.

- The Company prepared and published its first Health, Safety & Sustainability Report which was guided by the Global Reporting Initiative.

- The Company took a significant step towards achieving its goal of becoming a global leader in sustainable development by launching its comprehensive Zero Harm program to all employees.

"We continue to make progress on increasing our reserves and production, as well as containing and reducing costs in this challenging environment of higher energy costs while continuing to support and surpass industry standards towards responsible mining," stated Joseph Conway, President & CEO.

RECENT EVENTS

- In July 2008, the Company acquired the participation royalty for the Doyon/Westwood property from Barrick Gold Corporation for cash consideration of $13.0 million. The transaction eliminates the royalty obligation on the Doyon mine and any royalty costs on future production at Westwood. At current gold prices, this transaction is estimated to reduce cash costs at the Doyon Division by approximately $80 per ounce and increase depreciation by approximately $80 per ounce for the remainder of the year.

- In July 2008, the Company released its pre-feasibility study for the Quimsacocha project with encouraging results. The project is expected to produce an average of 202,000 ounces of gold per year at an average cash cost (before royalties and profit sharing) of $272 per ounce during its projected life of seven and half years with an estimated payback of 3 years.

- Following the French Government's denial of the permit for the construction of Camp Caiman and the declaration of the need to review the existing mining code, the Company has filed the appropriate legal claims to recover the damages, which include the impact of the decline in the Company's market capitalization. The Company continues to work with the French mining and environmental administration to ensure that the new mining framework that is currently being developed provides a basis for the highest standards for responsible mining that is economically viable.

- In July 2008, the Company announced the discovery of multiple zones of significant gold mineralization at its wholly-owned Boto Property in Senegal, West Africa.

"We continue to pursue and develop our existing projects. Our aggressiv
development of Westwood, the recent positive results from the pre-feasibility study for Quimsacocha, and the discovery of significant gold mineralization at the Boto project demonstrate strong opportunities for us," stated Joseph Conway, President & CEO.

a livello di eps ha battuto le stime di un cent , 11 vs 10 attesi ma quel che piu conta è l'ottimismo della compagnia a livello di outlook.

E meno male che ha avuto una buona trimestrale ... -4% in questo momento!

adda passa a nuttata poi vedremo, tengo salde le mie iamgold non casco nell atrappola. Guardate chi sale a wally, ma si i finanziari:D:D

albeggia?

Allegati

• iag.gif
    iag.gif
    15,9 KB · Visite: 114
Bene nxg , però io sono uscito in chiusura in gain, non mi è piaciuto come ha chiuso venerdì e non ne capisco le motivazioni .
Comunque ho investito su AGT l'esposizione in nxg .

Indietro