Il CEO di Expedia: i prezzi bassi del petrolio sono un fattore positivo per noi

• Ecco la 60° Edizione del settimanale "Le opportunità di Borsa" dedicato ai consulenti finanziari ed esperti di borsa.

Questa settimana abbiamo assistito a nuovi record assoluti in Europa e a Wall Street. Il tutto, dopo una ottava che ha visto il susseguirsi di riunioni di banche centrali. Lunedì la Bank of Japan (BoJ) ha alzato i tassi per la prima volta dal 2007, mettendo fine all’era del costo del denaro negativo e al controllo della curva dei rendimenti. Mercoledì la Federal Reserve (Fed) ha confermato i tassi nel range 5,25%-5,50%, mentre i “dots”, le proiezioni dei funzionari sul costo del denaro, indicano sempre tre tagli nel corso del 2024. Il Fomc ha anche discusso in merito ad un possibile rallentamento del ritmo di riduzione del portafoglio titoli. Ieri la Bank of England (BoE) ha lasciato i tassi di interesse invariati al 5,25%. Per continuare a leggere visita il link

averytrader

Nuovo Utente
Sospeso dallo Staff
Punti reazioni
Expedia Inc (EXPE) Jumps on Strong Guidance; TripAdvisor, Priceline Gain in Sympathy | BidnessEtc | Travel & Leisure | By Ghous Zaman

by Jayson Derrick 3 hours ago

Shares of Expedia Inc (NASDAQ: EXPE) surged higher by more than 10 percent on Thursday following the company's fourth-quarter earnings release on Wednesday.

Speaking to CNBC on Thursday, Expedia's CEO Dara Khosrowshahi discussed the company's performance and how low oil prices are giving a boost to his business.

Shares of Expedia Inc (NASDAQ: EXPE) surged higher by more than 10 percent on Thursday following the company's fourth-quarter earnings release on Wednesday.

Speaking to CNBC on Thursday, Expedia's CEO Dara Khosrowshahi discussed the company's performance and how low oil prices are giving a boost to his business.

Khosrowshahi acknowledged that the recent terrorist attack in Paris, France, had a minor effect on global travel. Nevertheless, the company ended the fiscal year with nearly $60 billion in gross bookings and $1.2 billion in EBITDA.

Khosrowshahi continued that customer demand for hotels continued to grow in the fourth quarter at a "very significant rate." He pointed out that room night growth was over 36 percent in the fourth quarter.

Commenting on the overall macro-economic difficulties, Khosrowshahi stated that he isn't "feeling it as much in our business. In fact, the executive stated that low oil prices is a positive for the travel industry as lower air ticket prices leaves travelers with extra cash in their pocket to spend at hotels.

"Low oil prices for us are actually a positive as they get the leisure traveler out there," Khosrowshahi concluded.

Benzinga - Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight

Ultima modifica:
Indietro