Intu

• Ecco la 60° Edizione del settimanale "Le opportunità di Borsa" dedicato ai consulenti finanziari ed esperti di borsa.

Questa settimana abbiamo assistito a nuovi record assoluti in Europa e a Wall Street. Il tutto, dopo una ottava che ha visto il susseguirsi di riunioni di banche centrali. Lunedì la Bank of Japan (BoJ) ha alzato i tassi per la prima volta dal 2007, mettendo fine all’era del costo del denaro negativo e al controllo della curva dei rendimenti. Mercoledì la Federal Reserve (Fed) ha confermato i tassi nel range 5,25%-5,50%, mentre i “dots”, le proiezioni dei funzionari sul costo del denaro, indicano sempre tre tagli nel corso del 2024. Il Fomc ha anche discusso in merito ad un possibile rallentamento del ritmo di riduzione del portafoglio titoli. Ieri la Bank of England (BoE) ha lasciato i tassi di interesse invariati al 5,25%. Per continuare a leggere visita il link

asqueldaz

Nuovo Utente
Sospeso dallo Staff
Punti reazioni
Intuit profit falls but beats Street view
02.19.09, 07:02 PM EST

BOSTON, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Intuit Inc posted a smaller-than-expected drop in quarterly profit but cut its full-year revenue forecast, saying the bad economy is hurting sales of products including QuickBooks accounting and Quicken personal finance software.

Shares of Intuit rose 6 percent in after-hours trading as analysts said the company managed to beat analyst projections for the quarter ended Jan. 31 by tightly controlling operating expenses.

'They just crushed it on operating costs,' said Jefferies & Co analyst Ross MacMillan, adding that Intuit's operating expenses came in $25 million below his estimate.

Revenue for its fiscal second quarter fell 5 percent from a year earlier to $791 million, compared with the average forecast of $794 million according to Reuters Estimates.

Intuit said it deferred $70 million of revenue from its top-selling TurboTax tax-preparation software to the third quarter because of a change in the way it priced the product. Without that shift, total revenue would have grown 2 percent from a year earlier.

Profit excluding items was 34 cents per share for its fiscal second quarter ended Jan. 31, compared with the average analyst forecast of 27 cents per share, according to Reuters Estimates.

Intuit Chief Executive Brad Smith said he intends to maintain controls on spending.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009/02/19/afx6074217.html

Software publisher Intuit (INTU 21.27) reported better-than-expected earnings for its fiscal second quarter and issued in-line guidance for the current quarter and full year.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=Bcom&Date=20090220&ID=9628629&Symbol=INTU

Indietro